High Island: A Case Study in Avitourism. Birding 25: pp. 415-420. Eubanks, T., P. Kerlinger and R. H. Payne, 1993.
Kerlinger, P., Eubanks, T., and Payne, R. H. The economic impact of birding ecotourism on the Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge Area, Texas, 1993-1994. Report to US Fish and Wildlife Service, 1994.
Kerlinger, P., T. Eubanks, and R. H. Payne. The economic impact of birding ecotourism on the area surrounding the Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge, Texas. Report to National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. 1994.
Kerlinger, P. and T. Eubanks. Birds and bucks. Birding 27:21-23. 1995.
Kerlinger, P. and T. Eubanks. The economic impact of birding ecotourism on the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary (National Audubon Society) area, Florida, 1993-1994. Report to National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and National Audubon Society. 1995.
Kerlinger, P., T. Eubanks, and R.H. Payne. The economic impact of birding ecotourism on the Sabal Palm Grove Sanctuary (National Audubon Society) area, Texas, 1994-1995. Report to National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and National Audubon Society. 1995.
The Economic Impact of Wildlife Watching On the Platte River in Nebraska. Prepared for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region VII. T. Eubanks, Ditton, R.B., Stoll, J. 1998.
Avitourism in Texas. Eubanks, T. and Stoll, J. R. Avitourism in Texas: Two studies of birders in Texas and their potential support for the proposed World Birding Center. Report to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, contract #44467, 1999
Wildlife-associated Recreation on the New Jersey Delaware Bay Shore. Eubanks, T., J. Stoll, and P. Kerlinger). Contract New Jersey Fish, Game, and Wildlife, 2000.
Understanding the Diversity of Eight Birder Sub-populations: Socio-demographic Characteristics, Motivations, Expenditures and Net Benefits. Journal of Ecotourism Vol. 3, No. 3: pp. 151 – 172. Eubanks, T., J. Stoll, and R.B. Ditton, 2004.
America’s Wetland Birding Trail (Louisiana Coast) Concept and Development Plan, Fermata Inc., 2004.
Measuring Specialization Among Birders: Utility of a Self-Classification Measure among Birders: Utility of a Self-Classification Measure. Human Dimensions of Wildlife Vol. 10, Issue 1: pp. 53 – 74. Scott, D., R.B. Ditton, J. Stoll, and T. Eubanks, 2005.
Platte River Birding and the Spring Migration: Humans, Value, and Unique Ecological Resources. Human Dimensions of Wildlife Vol. 11: pp. 241–254. Stoll, J., R.B. Ditton, and T. Eubanks. 2006.
American Birders–Part I, Their Numbers and Outdoor Activity Profiles. A Recreation Research Report in the IRIS Series. Cordell, K., T. Eubanks, C. Betz, G. Green, B. Stephens, and S. Mou, 2008.
Important Macro-Level Surveys
2006 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (USFWS)
2006 USFWS Banking on Nature (economic contributions of national wildlife refuges)
Outdoor Recreation Participation Report (2008), The Outdoor Foundation
Outdoor Recreation Activity Trends: What’s Growing and What’s Slowing. National Survey of Recreation and the Environment (NSRE). K. Cordell, Betz, C., Green, G., and Mou, S, 2008.
Recent Popular Articles by Ted Lee Eubanks
Ted Lee Eubanks’ Selected Writings in the American Birding Association Blog
- The I of a Bird
- Show Me The Money
- Birds Without Birding
- The Good Birder
- The Bird People – A Typology
- Bird Brained
Select Place, Conservation, Recreation, and Tourism Papers
- A Protected Areas Ecotourism Competitive Cluster Approach to Catalyse Biodiversity Conservation and Economic Growth
- The Emerging Field of Conservation Psychology
- North American Ecotourists: Market Profile and Trip Characteristics (White)
- North American Ecotourism Markets: Motivations, Preferences, and Destinations (White)
- Environment and Behavior (Stedman)
- Pro-Environment Intentions: Examining the Affect of Place Attachment, Environmental Attitudes, Place Satisfaction, and Attitudes Toward Pro-Environmental Behavior (Halpenny)
- Pro-environmental behaviours and park visitors: The effect of place attachment (Halpenny)
- Impacts of birdwatching on human and avian communities
- Measuring the Economic Impact of Park and Recreation Services (Crompton)
- Outdoor Recreation Participation (Outdoor Foundation 2011)
- Sense of Place In Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism: An Evaluation and Assessment of Research Findings
- The Protected Area Visitor Impact Management (PAVIM) Framework: A Simplified Process for Making Management Decisions
Space and Place – The Perspective of Experience by Yi-fu Tuan
Sense of History by David Glassberg
The Medium is the Massage by Marshall McLuhan and Quentin Fiore
Interpreting Our Heritage by Freeman Tilden
The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More by Chris Anderson
Eubanks, T.L., R.A. Behrstock, and R. Weeks. 2006. Birdlife of Houston, Galveston, and the Upper Texas Coast. College Station: Texas A&M University Press.
Eubanks, T.L., R.A. Behrstock, and S. Davidson. 2008. Finding Birds on the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail: Houston, Galveston, and the Upper Texas Coast. Texas A&M University Press.
The Tao of Tourism (Eubanks presentation)